New Horizons: Navigating safety through change
The general practice landscape is changing rapidly and managers are facing significant new challenges. New risk areas are emerging as practices welcome an increasingly diverse mix of health professionals, while more and more tasks are being delegated to non-clinical teams.
We know that risk increases at the interface of healthcare providers, at the interface between clinical professions and when management of aspects of care is delegated to those who are unable to make clinical decisions.
Build your own programme
This year’s conference programme has been carefully crafted to help managers navigate this rapidly-changing landscape and offers more choice and flexibility than ever before.
New for 2019, delegates will be able to choose for themselves which masterclass topics are most relevant to their professional needs.
The masterclasses will explore a range of medico-legal topics including:
- Investigating patient safety incidents - including human factors and duty of candour
- Dealing with challenging patient contacts
- Raising concerns - about safety, health, behaviours and performance
- Managing your online presence - own, clinicians, practice and patients.
Managers can also find out how to navigate the change process to minimise risk for patients and for the practice. Topics here include:
- Creating safe workflow optimisation strategies
- Care navigation – minimising the risks
- Problem solving – creating safe, effective and ethical solutions
- Safe change management
- Building personal resilience
- Business continuity exercises – good practice and pitfalls
- Effective multi-team working
- Practice nurse and HCSW workforce development strategies
- Recruiting to fill the gaps
- Changing terms of service and contracts
- Equality Act – managing workplace behaviours
- Financial management topics TBC